Assistant Fire Inspector/Building Official Job Posting
The Municipality is currently seeking an individual to fill the position of Assistant Fire Inspector/Building Official.
Reporting to the Director of Planning and Development, the Assistant Fire Inspector/Building Official assists the Senior Building Official in providing building inspection services, fire inspections, processing applications, and issuing permits.
The preferred candidate must have the following:
- Certification as a Level 1 Fire Inspector
- Qualification as a Level 1 Building Official
- A valid Nova Scotia Driver's License
- Access to a reliable vehicle
- At least a high school diploma
- Relevant experience in the building, construction, and fire inspection fields
A complete copy of the job description can be found here.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment and handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Nova Scotia.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their CV or resume, with cover letter to the attention of the undersigned no later than Monday, May 14 at 4:30pm.
Madelyn LeMay, Director of Planning and Development
Municipality of the District of West Hants
76 Morison Drive
PO Box 3000, Windsor NS B0N 2T0